2/23/07

More Iran...

British officials fear US will attack Iran.

Cheney hints at Iran strike.

Digby imagines behind the scenes:

DC: "You're a strong man, a manly man, a man who makes women quake and men tremble in your presence. You're a gut player, a man who knows instantly the right thing to do. So when I tell you that your brilliant idea to bomb Iran will go down in history as the boldest decision a world leader has ever made, I think you know I mean it. Thank you for making the tough decisions and sticking with them.

"GWB: "Yeah, it's hard work bein' the most powerful man on earth. But Dick, I don't remember giving the order to bomb Iran. Did I?"

DC: "All of us were very impressed with your resolute boldness and bold resoluteness. Years from now, after you're dead, people will build monuments to commemorate your valiant leadership"

GWB: "Right, right. It had to be done. Uh, when did I order them to start the bombing again?"

DC: "Already on their way. Here's your speech."

GWB: "Great. Feels good."